Shielding Fabric Over Foam Gaskets
SHIELDING FABRIC OVER FOAM
By combining a soft core with conductive fabrics, we have created a shielding enclosure gasket that will provide >65 dB attenuation at 1 GHz, and compression loads under 4 lbs. per inch at 25% deflection. Low compression forces allow for lighter, less expensive enclosure designs.
Shielding Fabric Over Foam gaskets are the ideal gaskets to use with conductive coatings that can be scratched or damaged by other more abrasive gasket materials. The conductive fabrics available include abrasion-resistant copper and nickel.
Custom profiles can be easily created to give you the optimum solution for your enclosure design. The most widely used profiles are shown below. These profiles are available cut to length to fit your application.
Metal Textiles Shielding Fabric Over Foam Gaskets offer:
- Excellent electrical conductivity and electromagnetic shielding effectiveness
- Good abrasion resistance
- Flame-retardant coating to comply with UL94VTM and VTM-0
- Low compressive forces
- Minimal compression set after numerous deflection cycles
- Cost savings
- ROHS Compliance
- Raw Material- Polyester 100%
- Composition-Woven fabric 709-41, taffeta
- Plating-Copper and nickel
- Temperature Limit-200°C
- Excellent Electric Resistance-Less than 0.08 O
- Shielding Effectiveness- 85+ db from 30 Mhz to 1Ghz
- Good Abrasion Resistance-Low/high temperature
- UL Flame Class-94VTM-1 & 94VTM-0
- Conductive Fabric— UL94VTM-1 & VTM-0
- Polyurethane Foam— UL94HF-1 & V-0
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive—UL and MIL classified (UL94 V-0 & HB; File No. E204131, 01SC03508)
- Several Profiles to Choose From
- Custom Profiles Available
- Specialty Foams Available
For more information or to place an order please feel free to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.